100 trucs pour...

Faites savoir vos exploits!!^^

Vous n'êtes pas identifié.

#1 08-08-2018 10:22:39

chenyan94
Membre

He did a nice job

Playing basketball seemed trivial to the Spurs following the death of Erin Popovich.

They competed as best they could Thursday night. It just wasn’t enough against Golden State Da'Shawn Hand Color Rush Jersey , again.

Kevin Durant had 26 points, nine rebounds and six assists, and the Warriors beat San Antonio 110-97 for a 3-0 series lead over the Spurs, who were still reeling from the death of Gregg Popovich’s wife.

”It was a perfect setup for a letdown,” Golden State forward Draymond Green said. ”I don’t say that to be insensitive at all to the situation. We all take this basketball stuff serious and we want to win, but when you start talking life and death, a game doesn’t matter. But yet we still wanted to come out and try to win the game.”

The Warriors can close the first-round series with a win Sunday afternoon in San Antonio in Game 4.

”It’s hard to think about that for me, personally, right now because there is other stuff bigger than basketball,” Spurs veteran Tony Parker said.

The Spurs were playing a day after the death of Erin Popovich, who passed away after battling an undisclosed long-term illness. Erin and Gregg Popovich were married four decades and have two children and two grandchildren.

San Antonio did not air a video tribute or hold a moment of silence for Erin in an apparent attempt to make the game as routine as possible for its players, but that was impossible.

Coach Popovich was not in his customary position roaming the sidelines, choosing instead to be with his family. San Antonio assistant Ettore Messina coached the team in Popovich’s place.

”We are all hurting,” Spurs veteran Manu Ginobili said after the morning shootaround. ”We want to be next to Pop, we want to support him, but we’ve got to go out there and compete today. But Durham Smythe Color Rush Jersey , for sure, we are toiling. It’s not an easy day to be here.”

Ginobili and Parker said it was tough to play basketball following Erin’s passing, but the team’s goal was to compete and play with the grit Popovich has always demanded of them.

Parker, who said Erin and Gregg were a mother and father to him when he entered the league as a 19-year-old, lived up to those wishes. Parker, who averaged 2.0 points in the first two games, finished with 16 points in 17 minutes.

LaMarcus Aldridge led San Antonio with 18 points and 10 rebounds.

The Spurs had an emotional start, but could not sustain it against the talented Warriors.

”This was about what I expected,” Golden State coach Steve Kerr said. ”First half they were getting after us like they did in Game 2 and we stayed with it, we had some bursts. The whole point is take care of the ball and defend over 48 minutes and things should work out.”

Already on the edge of their seats for the first home game of the playoffs, fans erupted when Rudy Gay threw down a one-handed dunk over Golden State’s JaVale McGee. The cheering was nearly constant as the Spurs scored the game’s first six points before the Warriors began to settle in.

Durant and Klay Thompson shot down San Antonio’s chances.

Thompson added 19 points, including 3-for-6 shooting on 3s.

Golden State closed the first half on a 20-9 run to eliminate a five-point deficit and take a 52-46 lead. Durant had 17 points in the first half to counter 10 points each from Gay and Parker.

Gay finished with 11 points.

The Warriors opened 1 for 14 on 3-pointers. Golden State finished 10 for 32 on 3s.

”Well, when the 3s are not going, we’ve just got to continue moving the ball and getting open looks,” Thompson said. ”But if we’re getting open looks, they’re eventually going to fall Tre'Quan Smith Color Rush Jersey , and we rely on our defense when we’re not making shots. Our defense can be a constant for us, shouldn’t always dictate how hard you play.”

Green added 10 points, six rebounds, seven assists and four blocked shots.

TIP-INS

Warriors: Durant rolled his ankle at midcourt with about 4 1/2 minutes remaining but rose on his own after remaining on the court for less than a minute. Kerr said Durant and Shaun Livingston, who also rolled his ankle moments later, are both fine and will play in Game 4.. . Warriors G Stephen Curry did not play but sat behind the team’s bench as he continues to rehabilitate a sprained knee. Curry is expected to return for the second round, if the Warriors advance. … McGee started after being listed as questionable with a bruised left quadriceps. He had six points and four rebounds in 15 minutes.

Spurs: Messina was coaching his first NBA playoff game, but he has won more than 10 titles in the Euroleague, Russian SuperLeague and Italian League. … Dejounte Murray had nine points and four assists in 16 minutes.

FOND MEMORIES

Kerr has been a friend of the Popovich family since his days playing for the Spurs at the turn of the century. In fact, Kerr grew so close with Erin Popovich that he almost got his longtime friend in trouble.

”Erin was sort of the balance that Pop needed,” Kerr said. ”I still remember when he traded me to Portland in 2001, he called me up to tell me the news (and) he said, `I don’t think I can go home, because Erin is gonna be so mad at me for trading you.’ ”

Cubs manager Joe Maddon tried almost every move in the book, but it wasn’t enough to prevent a second consecutive shutout loss to the Milwaukee Brewers.

Lorenzo Cain homered and Jhoulys Chacin combined with three relievers on a six-hitter to pace the Brewers past Chicago, 1-0 on Wednesday Edwin Diaz Seattle Mariners Jersey , even as Maddon used two pitchers and a catcher in left field in the eighth inning.

The Brewers improved to 3-8 this season against the Cubs and moved 1 1/2 games ahead of second-place Chicago in the NL Central. Seven of the 11 games between the two have been shutouts, five by Chicago.

”We’re a good baseball team and we know they’re a good baseball team,” Brewers manager Craig Counsell said. ”This series wasn’t going to decide anything, but we know that that’s a team that’s going to be there in the end, so wins against them are important.”

Chacin (6-1) allowed four hits in six innings, striking out seven and walking four to win his sixth consecutive decision. Jeremy Jeffress pitched the seventh, Josh Hader struck out the side in the eighth and Cory Knebel worked a perfect ninth for his sixth save.

”Their guy was really good at keeping us off-balance,” Maddon said. ”He is not overpowering by any means but he pitches well. Sometimes that gives us a lot of trouble when a guy can pitch like that. We had a couple opportunities. We didn’t square him up at all really.”

Mike Montgomery (2-2) allowed only two hits in six innings, both by Cain. He struck out four and walked one in his fourth start since replacing injured Yu Darvish in the rotation.

Cain drove a 3-1 pitch over the wall in left with one out in the third for his eighth homer. He also opened the first inning with a single.

”It was the only run today, but it ended up winning us a ballgame,” Cain said. ”That just shows how great of a job the pitching has been doing. We’ve definitely got to get going and score some more runs. We’re definitely putting too much pressure on our pitchers as a whole.”

To open the eighth, Maddon brought in right-hander Steve Cishek, who gave up an infield single to Orlando Arcia. Cishek then moved to left field for the first time in his eight-year career as left-hander Brian Duensing came on and struck out pinch-hitter Eric Thames.

Duensing then moved to left, also for the first time in his career, and Cishek returned to the mound to retire Cain on a fielder’s choice. Duensing came back to pitch with left field being turned over to catcher Willson Contreras, who made a running catch on Christian Yelich’s drive into the corner for the third out.

”It just popped Tanner Lee Color Rush Jersey ,” Maddon said. ”(Kyle) Schwarber making the last out, the pitcher coming up third. And the way their batting order set up, it just played out perfectly. You can’t always do it but it worked out today.”

The Cubs won Monday’s series opener 7-2 with five runs in the 11th, but managed just two hits in Tuesday’s 4-0 loss.

”We played well the first game but we only got two runs up to the 11th inning of that game and then shutout-shutout,” Maddon said. ”We almost should be grateful we won one out of three.”

The Brewers stranded runners at third in each of the first two innings. In the second, rightfielder Jason Heyward prevented a run, charging in for a sensational sliding grab on Erik Kratz’s one-out sinking liner and then recovering quickly to hold Hernan Perez at third.

MADDON’S MANEUVERING

Duensing, who said he last played left field in high school in 2001, was apprehensive when Cain came to the plate in the eighth. ”I was praying he would stay away from Lorenzo Cain,” Duensing said of Cishek. ”It looked like he was trying to hook one (to left) and I was not appreciative of that. Cishek got the job done so were able to get through there and give our team a chance.”

Maybe because it didn’t affect the outcome, Counsell admired Maddon’s ingenuity. ”It was creative. It was smart. They got matchups they wanted. He did a nice job.”

BRYANT RESTED

With a day off on Thursday, struggling third baseman Kris Bryant was held out to give him two days rest. Bryan is hitless in his last 15 at-bats and has not homered since May 14. Even trailing 1-0 in the ninth, Maddon resisted the urge to use Bryant as a pinch-hitter. ”He has been struggling a lot,” Maddon said. ”Theoretically it sounds wonderful. But I thought (Chris) Gimenez had some good swings today. It’s an easy dialogue to conjure up but I was really trying to give him the day off.”
http://www.sndpic.com//nike_nfl_jerseys/nike_atlanta_falcons/nike_falcons_722.jpg
CAIN JOINS COUNSELL IN BREWERS LORE

The Brewers 1-0 victory over the Cubs was only the second in the all-time series. Milwaukee’s only other 1-0 win was on July 5, 2004 at Miller Park in which Counsell provided the only run with a first-inning homer.

TRAINER’S ROOM

Cubs: RHP Yu Darvish, on the 10-day DL (right triceps tendinitis) and RHP Carl Edwards http://www.cowboysauthorizedshops.com/a … ugh-jersey , also on the DL (right shoulder inflammation), each came through Tuesday’s bullpen session well, Maddon said.

Brewers: RHP Matt Albers, on the 10-day DL (right shoulder discomfort), will continue treatment throughout the weekend, and then be reassessed. … RHP Zach Davies, on the 10-day DL retroactive to May 30 (right rotator cuff inflammation), threw a bullpen session Wednesday, but is at least three weeks away and will need two or three rehab outings, Counsell said.

UP NEXT

Cubs: Chicago is off Thursday, then heads to St. Louis for a three-game series against the Cardinals. Left-hander Jon Lester (7-2, 2.22) starts for the Cubs, oppose.

Pied de page des forums

Créez Votre Propre Forum
Insérer vos Graphiques
Dictionnaires de Traduction
Hébergé par ForumCrea.com